The Franklin Bracelet
Franklin Square was designed in 1791 and named in honor of Benjamin Franklin. For many years the square was the site of the city’s water tower and was referred to as “water tower square.” Located on the square are the First African Baptist Church and the west end of City Market. A popular stop from taking in the sites is Johnny Van Go-Go's for a delicious slice of pizza!
This jaunty bracelet is made with approximately 8 small oyster shells and can also have pewter charms with a coastal theme added if you choose. It pairs well with any of the earrings in the collection as well as a simple Oglethorpe necklace. Or for an extra dose of shells, adding The Pulaski necklace will make certain you are noticed! Note that the Franklin does have a delightful "chinkly" sound as it moves to remind you of breezy days at the beach. The bracelet is 7.5 inches long with a 2 inch extender added so it will fit your wrist perfectly. The clasp is 13 mm to ensure ease when putting it on and taking it off.
- Oyster shells are hand-selected from the Low Country riverbanks of Georgia and South Carolina.
- All shells are cleaned thoroughly using an ultrasonic cleaner.
- After drilling the holes, the natural beauty of the shells are brought out by putting each one through a meticulous process including several thin layers of varnish to unsure your shells will continue to hold their shine and retain their beauty for many years to come.
- Each shell is added to a beautiful cable chain with stainless steel components to ensure each pieces always looks its best. Reliable stainless steel resists rust, tarnish, oxidation and corrosion, even in tropical or humid environments. It will provide you with highly durable, yet still beautiful jewelry you will be pleased with for years to come. It does not need to be cleaned or polished. All materials used are hypoallergenic as well as cadmium and lead free.
- Your bracelet will be shipped to you in a premium gift box which can be used for storage it when it isn't being worn.
Bracelet shells pictured here are examples of the style you will receive and not the actual one pictured. Because each oyster shell is as unique as a fingerprint, your bracelet will have its own personality and shells with their own unique natural designs. Their uniqueness is the main reason they are so exquisite. All charms have a nautical/coastal theme and are made of pewter.
Keep your bracelet looking beautiful:
- Avoid getting lotions, hairspray, and perfume on your jewelry.
- Put your jewelry on after you are finished getting ready and about to walk out the door.
- Shell and chain may be cleaned with a moist cloth if you wish.
- Do not use silver cleaning cloths as this is abrasive and will harm the surfaces of your pieces.