SHOP THE LOOK: The Ellis Earrings
You won't see crabs unless you go to the shore, but it seemed fitting that since Ellis Square is alive with fountains of water, the Ellis earrings should boast a popular water creature. And down south, the crab is one of the most popular crustaceans, not only to eat, but to proudly exhibit on everything from t-shirts to, well, the Ellis earrings! These earrings include pewter crab charms, lightweight shells, and will dangle no longer than 3 inches from the ear. Certainly these earrings will add a coastal pizzazz to any casual outfit, and would be paired perfectly with the Pulaski Necklace with it's dangling coastal themed charms.
- Oyster shells are hand-selected from the Low Country riverbanks of Georgia and South Carolina.
- All shells are cleaned thoroughly using an ultrasonic cleaner.
- After drilling the holes, the natural beauty of the shells are brought out by putting each one through a meticulous process including several thin layers of varnish to unsure your shells will continue to hold their shine and retain their beauty for many years to come.
- Each shell is then added to stainless steel earring components. Reliable stainless steel resists rust, tarnish, oxidation and corrosion, even in tropical or humid environments. It will provide you with highly durable, yet still beautiful jewelry you will be pleased with for years to come. It does not need to be cleaned or polished. All materials used are hypoallergenic as well as cadmium and lead free.
- Earrings will be shipped to you in a premium gift box which can be used for storage when it isn't being worn.
Earrings pictured here are examples of the style you will receive and not the actual ones pictured. Because each oyster shell is as unique as a fingerprint, your shells will have their own personality and unique natural designs. Their uniqueness is the main reason they are so exquisite.
Keep your jewelry looking beautiful:
- Avoid getting lotions, hairspray, and perfume on your jewelry.
- Put your jewelry on after you are finished getting ready and about to walk out the door.
- Shells and metal components may be cleaned with a moist cloth if you wish.
- Do not use silver cleaning cloths as this is abrasive and will harm the surfaces of your pieces.