The Oglethorpe Pendant Necklace
Benches line the brick sidewalk of Savannah’s Oglethorpe Square, which pays homage to the founder of Savannah and the colony of Georgia, General James Oglethorpe. It was first established in 1742 as Upper New Square but later renamed. It’s the perfect place to enjoy a picnic lunch or a shady break.
This is the first necklace upon which I founded my signature collection, thus deserving the title of Oglethorpe. One exquisite, hand-painted shell hangs from the chain on a pewter pendant bail. This is the most minimalistic of the signature pieces and is perfect for layering or making a simple statement on its own. You can choose any of our earrings to perfectly match this necklace for a casual or more elegant look depending on your needs.
- Oyster shells are hand-selected from the Low Country riverbanks of Georgia and South Carolina.
- All shells are cleaned thoroughly using an ultrasonic cleaner.
- After drilling the holes, the natural beauty of the shells are brought out by putting each one through a meticulous process including several thin layers of varnish to unsure your shells will continue to hold their shine and retain their beauty for many years to come.
- Each shell is added to a beautiful box link cable chain with stainless steel components to ensure each pieces always looks its best. Reliable stainless steel resists rust, tarnish, oxidation and corrosion, even in tropical or humid environments. It will provide you with highly durable, yet still beautiful jewelry you will be pleased with for years to come. It does not need to be cleaned or polished. All materials used are hypoallergenic as well as cadmium and lead free.
- Each necklace has an easy-to-grasp 13 mm clasp along with a 2 inch extender chain so that you may customize the length needed.
- Necklaces will be shipped to you in a premium gift box which can be used to store it when it isn't being worn.
Necklaces pictured here are examples of the style you will receive and not the actual one pictured. Because each oyster shell is as unique as a fingerprint, your shell will have its own personality and unique natural design. Their uniqueness is the main reason they are so exquisite.
Three sizes are available in this necklace; the size of the shell is relative to the length of the chain:
- Small shell necklaces are approximately between 1.5 - 2 inches long and come with an 18 inch chain.
- Medium necklaces are approximately between 2 - 2.5 inches and come with a 24 inch chain.
- Large necklaces are approximately 2.5 - 4 inches long and come with a 30 inch chain.
If you would like a different combination of length and shell size, please email me to arrange this.
To make your necklace even more unique and specific to your tastes and personality, you may choose a charm you would like to have added to the base necklace shell. All charms are made of pewter.
Keep your necklace looking beautiful:
- Avoid getting lotions, hairspray, and perfume on your jewelry.
- Put your jewelry on after you are finished getting ready and about to walk out the door.
- Shell and chain may be cleaned with a moist cloth if you wish.
- Do not use silver cleaning cloths as this is abrasive and will harm the surfaces of your pieces.
This will quickly become your go-to necklace for many of your outfits. It is so versatile and eye-catching!