The Lafayette Earrings
Lafayette Square was laid out in 1873 to honor the Marquis de Lafayette, a French general under George Washington during the Revolutionary War. In the center sits the Semiquincentenary Fountain which commemorates the 250th anniversary of Savannah. Located on the square is the Hamilton-Turner House which was the first residency in Savannah to have electricity. Also, the childhood home of author Flannery O’ Conner and the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist are located on this square. The ornate cathedral was designed by architect Francis Baldwin and has the highest twin steeples in all of downtown Savannah.
Do you love staying on top of the trends? The Lafayette earrings cover two trending bases in 2019- shells and hoops! They are made with silver pewter hoops and stainless steel earring hooks. The hoops are 41x45 mm. A hand-painted and quite difficult-to-find baby oyster shell dangles in the center. A definite attention-grabber and oh so lightweight, cute, and comfortable!
- Oyster shells are hand-selected from the Low Country riverbanks of Georgia and South Carolina.
- All shells are cleaned thoroughly using an ultrasonic cleaner.
- After drilling the holes, the natural beauty of the shells are brought out by putting each one through a meticulous process including several thin layers of varnish to unsure your shells will continue to hold their shine and retain their beauty for many years to come.
- Each shell is then added to stainless steel earring components. Reliable stainless steel resists rust, tarnish, oxidation and corrosion, even in tropical or humid environments. It will provide you with highly durable, yet still beautiful jewelry you will be pleased with for years to come. It does not need to be cleaned or polished. All materials used are hypoallergenic as well as cadmium and lead free.
- Earrings will be shipped to you in a premium gift box which can be used for storage when it isn't being worn.
Earrings pictured here are examples of the style you will receive and not the actual ones pictured. Because each oyster shell is as unique as a fingerprint, your shells will have their own personality and unique natural designs. Their uniqueness is the main reason they are so exquisite.
Keep your jewelry looking beautiful:
- Avoid getting lotions, hairspray, and perfume on your jewelry.
- Put your jewelry on after you are finished getting ready and about to walk out the door.
- Shells and metal components may be cleaned with a moist cloth if you wish.
- Do not use silver cleaning cloths as this is abrasive and will harm the surfaces of your pieces.