The Monterey Earrings
Monterey Square was designed in 1847 and was named to commemorate the 1846 Battle of Monterey during the Mexican American War. The square’s towering monument honors Casimir Pulaski, a Polish nobleman who was mortally wounded during the Siege of Savannah while fighting for Americans. Located on the square is the famous Mercer House, the setting for the murder in "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil." Yes, tours are available.
The Monterey earrings were designed as a playful addition to the collection, allowing for the sea side of your personality to spring forth. The ocean water laps on a teardrop shaped-piece of leather which is lined on the back side with black. One hand-painted pearlescent shell hangs in front to finish off the very aquatic look. This earring hangs 2.5 inches from your ear.
Combine the Monterey earrings with a simple Oglethorpe necklace that will polish off your look without detracting from the pop of color dangling from the earrings.
- Oyster shells are hand-selected from the Low Country riverbanks of Georgia and South Carolina.
- All shells are cleaned thoroughly using an ultrasonic cleaner.
- After drilling the holes, the natural beauty of the shells are brought out by putting each one through a meticulous process including several thin layers of varnish to unsure your shells will continue to hold their shine and retain their beauty for many years to come.
- Each shell is then added to stainless steel earring components. Reliable stainless steel resists rust, tarnish, oxidation and corrosion, even in tropical or humid environments. It will provide you with highly durable, yet still beautiful jewelry you will be pleased with for years to come. It does not need to be cleaned or polished. All materials used are hypoallergenic as well as cadmium and lead free.
- Earrings will be shipped to you in a deluxe gift box which can be used for storage when it isn't being worn.
Earrings pictured here are examples of the style you will receive and not the actual ones pictured. Because each oyster shell is as unique as a fingerprint, your shells will have their own personality and unique natural designs. Their uniqueness is the main reason they are so exquisite.
Keep your jewelry looking beautiful:
- Avoid getting lotions, hairspray, and perfume on your jewelry.
- Put your jewelry on after you are finished getting ready and about to walk out the door.
- Shells and metal components may be cleaned with a moist cloth if you wish.
- Do not use silver cleaning cloths as this is abrasive and will harm the surfaces of your pieces.